STAINED GLASS CLASSES ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2015. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER IN 2016 FOR INFORMATION ON FUTURE CLASSES
STAINED GLASS BEGINNER’S WORKSHOP
Learn the basics of stained glass creation and create your own beautiful stained glass pendant or suncatcher in this half-day (4.5 hour) workshop. Create a beautiful gift for someone or take your new artwork home to display. You can design your own, or choose to use a pre-existing template.
All materials and tools are included! You will have the opportunity to use the studio’s soldering irons, glass grinders, cutting tools, hand tools and more. You’ll be able to choose from a selection of glass, and all steps will be guided by Renate (Ren) in a fun and relaxed environment. It’s the perfect opportunity to learn stained glass basics without the commitment of purchasing all the tools! No experience is required.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create a stained glass pattern
- Cut & grind glass
- Apply copper foil (Tiffany style)
- Assemble and solder glass pieces
- Attach a hook
- Apply patina and polish your finished piece
The workshop is limited to 1-2 participants, which means you’ll get lots of individual attention and be guided through the whole process.
THE GEEKYGLASS STUDIO IS MOVING! CHECK BACK LATER IN 2016 FOR MORE DETAILS.
STUDENT STAINED GLASS CREATIONS AND TESTIMONIALS
– I thoroughly enjoyed the class I took at your studio! It was such a nice morning. I plan on visiting again soon. You are a fantastic and extremely talented teacher.
Thanks again! – Michelle Jones
– I am so glad I did your class on the weekend. I am hooked on it now…My head has been buzzing with project ideas. – Jeff Newhook
– Just did a class yesterday. It was interesting and fun…..the teacher was great! – Bonnie Piatt
– Thanks again so much for the class! It was really great and inspired me to think more seriously about stained glass! – Ashlee Allen
– If people are looking for a super fun, cheap (considering), really awesome thing to do for an afternoon, take a stained glass workshop with Renate Pohl at geekyglass.com, it’s so fun, and Renate is an amazing teacher. – VIP Extended Classes student Sherry White
– Renate, you are an awesome teacher! – VIP Extended Classes student Cristal Collins
– I am so pleased with [my glass panel] and indeed had fabulous instruction! – VIP Extended Classes student Jodi Cooke
You can see more images of student creations in the student showcase blog post.
Workshop Dates and Times (4.5 hours):
STAINED GLASS CLASSES ARE NOW FINISHED FOR 2015. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN 2016 FOR AVAILABLE DATES.
CURRENT AVAILABLE CLASS DATES:
NONE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
NONE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
If you are interested in booking a time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Workshops costs include all materials and use of the studio tools.
You can pay by cash on the day of the workshop, or pay safely online using paypal or your credit or debit card by choosing the appropriate checkout button below:
To book a class time, call Ren at 709-763-4440
STAINED GLASS EXTENDED CLASSES
Extended Classes Description:
Extended Classes are 15 hours of class time, booked in 3-5 sessions, in which you can choose to learn all of the basic skills covered in the Beginner’s Workshop above, and have the opportunity to create a larger stained glass panel. You will also learn the additional technique of framing your piece with lead came. This is a perfect class for those who wish to start by creating a larger piece, or who would like to extend on skills learned in the beginner’s workshop. For those who have already completed a beginner’s workshop, you will use the 15 hours of private guided studio time to create your very own custom stained glass panel, utilizing the GeekyGlass studio tools.
Extended Classes Cost:
All materials and tools are included in the class cost. Classes can be purchased as gift certificates. Be sure to call well in advance to book your sessions.
Workshop Instructor Profile:
Renate is a professional designer and teacher who loves creating science-fiction themed glass panels, pendants and ornaments. She started her glass studio, GeekyGlass, in 2008. Many of her pieces are commissioned – she loves working with customers to create unique designs. Renate is also a big space exploration enthusiast, and her work often reflects these themes, focusing on the beauty of light as it moves through glass.